4 natural ways of getting rid of mosquitoes
With the rising cases of dengue, one can never be too careless about mosquitoes.
First, we must understand how mosquitoes find us.
Mosquitoes are attracted to carbon dioxide(CO2) humans emit. They also use their receptors and vision to pick up on other cues like body heat, perspiration, and skin dor to find a potential host.
- People with Type O blood are mosquitoes up to twice as much as those with Type A.
- Pregnant women exhale 21% more CO2 than non-pregnant women so they are more likely to get bite by mosquitoes compare to non-pregnant women.
How can we get rid of mosquitoes naturally?
1) The essential oil that have mosquito repellent effect.
Below are 10 essential oils that have mosquito repellent effect:
We usually diffuse these essential oils using the aromatherapy method, and there are a few aromatherapy methods.
- Humidifier diffuser
2) Electric Fan
When it is windy, the mosquitoes aren't biting.
First, when it is windy, mosquitoes having a hard time flying in the breeze.
Second, moving airflow will dissipate the carbon dioxide (CO2), and blowing it further away.
3) Wear light colors.
Light-colored clothing is a great choice for pajamas, mosquitoes prefer blue & black.
Wear long-sleeve to cover as much skin as possible to prevent bites.
4) Mosquito repelling plants in your garden
You can also plant fragrant plants that repel mosquitoes around your house. It is also a beautiful way to keep mosquitoes away.
Mosquito repelling plants
- Lemon Balm
If you are too lazy for all the above, you can also try out our latest creations.
Our plug-in diffuser that use lemongrass essential oil to repel mosquito naturally.
- No need to refill water
- No need to wash
- Plug & play. (Plug and forget for the next 30 nights)
- Cover large space
- Natural Essential Oil aromatherapy
- operate with no noise at all